What's there to do in Niagara Falls at night? Plenty! Seven great ways to enjoy your evening in the Honeymoon Capital of Canada.
1. The Illumination of the Falls: Oooh and ahhh at the powerful coloured lights that turn Niagara Falls into a rainbow of colours every night of the year. The time varies according to the season, but in summer, it’s from 9 pm to midnight. Definitely a romantic sight!
Above: courtesy of Niagara Falls Tourism
2. Niagara Falls Fireworks: Craving something even more dramatic? Add sound to your colours every Friday, Sunday and Holiday from late May to early September with these fabulous free fireworks shows at 10 p.m.
3. Outdoor Concerts for Free: Come to Queen Victoria Park across the road from the Falls to the Illumination Stage for FREE Concerts at 8:00 p.m. on Fridays and Sundays during the summer, followed by Fireworks at 10:00 p.m.
4. Indoor Concerts: Both of the casinos in town, some of the hotels and several bars offer live music in Niagara Falls at night. Casino Niagara, for example, offers free live music from their main stage theatre every weekend and hosts Tribute Tuesdays with artists performing favourite hits from the past. The other casino in town, Niagara Fallsview Casino, is famous for its 365 Club which has hosted stars such as Ashanti and Neil Sedaka. Check the local paper or casino web sites for more info about Niagara Falls nightlife.
5. Magic show: Greg Frewin, who won the Magician of the Year award at the 2009 Los Angeles World Magic Awards, performs several times a week at his own 700-seat dinner-show theatre in Niagara Falls.
Above: courtesy of Greg Frewin
The Grand Master mixes down-to-earth Canuck chit-chat and humour with the sexy glamour of a Las Vegas nightclub act. His acrobatic chorus-line dancers double as Magician’s Assistants, and he has several animals in the act, including Boomer the Siberian tiger, a lion cub, doves and parrots. I loved this show and will definitely go back again.
6. Theatre – Another dinner show in Niagara Falls that draws appreciative local and out-of-town crowds is "Oh Canada Eh?" This long-running theatrical act features singing and dancing Mounties, lumberjacks and hockey players – a great way for all the family to have fun in Niagara Falls at night.
7. Comedy: If you like your humour a bit edgier, try YukYuk’s Comedy Club at Casino Niagara.
You may enjoy
WANT TO SAVE MORE MONEY? Explore Niagara Falls Ontario Coupons